Friday, April 11, 2008

TDS - Tokyo Disney Sea

Woke up about 9 a.m. So there goes the visit to the Tokyo fish market. Furthermore, I was so tired that I had to sleep some more. In the end, we left our hotel at about 11 a.m. Off we went to Asakusa Kaminarimon. It's a tourist hotspot. Everyone was walking through the street to the temple, taking pictures along the way. There are a lot of interesting snacks from the shops lining the street.






The 人形烧 was simply tasty - nice and hot. The sun was quite strong today, although the wind was still chilling. Nothing much for us to do here so off we went to TDS - Tokyo Disney Sea.

Disney Sea is grand. There are the usual Disney mascots. The afternoon show at the Mediterranean Harbour was simply fantastic. The floats are amazing, so life-like and grand. The show was about 20 min ... I already feel the entrance fee of 5800 yen (about S$79.50) was quite worth it. One thing though, we had no idea what's the show about because it's in Japanese ...




I feel probably the most exciting ride will be the Tower of Terror. This is not your typical horror house attraction. Instead, you are brought up to the top floor of the building, where you can see the volcano and rest of DisneySea in the distance. Then you are hurtled down almost free fall twice. Never expect this plain looking building to house such an excitment. Too bad, by the time I realised, it's too late to turn back ...




They even snapped a photo of everyone in the midst of it.


After that, there is another show over at the Mediterranean Harbour. Fantastic lights display and floats. This is followed by fireworks. So that wraps it up for the day. It is getting really cold at night ...

No comments: